Case Studies from Local Environment Groups
Some local groups have kindly shared their experiences of particular projects to support other local groups:
- Getting outside help for their ambitious conservation project on old allotments off Iffley Road in Oxford – Oxford Urban Wildlife Group.
- How a management plan can give a focus for the group’s work – Mill Meadows.
- A Month by Month Action Plan – Woodcote Conservation Group.
- The value of Deadwood – Kirtlington Wildlife and Conservation Group.
- Introducing yellow rattle (Rhinanthus minor L.) to enhance biodiversity in an ungrazed flood meadow – Hurst Water Meadow.
Managing gardens and small spaces for wildlife
- Focus on Bats
- Pollinators – Dr Judy Webb, freelance ecologist, species recorder and member of Oxford City Council’s Pollinator Advisory Group, is developing a series of downloadable advice sheets for people wanting to plant for pollinators in a variety of situations. These can be found on her website where you can follow links to get advice on planting for bees and all sorts of other pollinators .
If you would like advice from a professional Ecologist. Search CIEEM website or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.